Pages

Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What is a Perfect Date?

What is your idea of a perfect date? 

Well, it doesn't have to be costly but it should have all three aspects -- entertainment, good food, and affection.


Of course, it is customary that you begin the fledgling weeks of dating with a great deal of entertainment, a moderate amount of good food, and the merest suggestion of affection. 


However, you can reduce the entertainment part as you get more comfortable and know more about each other.  


Under no circumstances can good food be omitted (that's just my opinion -- I'm epicurean).


Just to give an example, here are the things we did to spice up a blessedly free weekend.


A. Engaged in some friendly indoor/outdoor competition.


Adrian brought me to Gandiva Cafe and Archery Range. It was my first time to learn the sport. To make things more fun, we made a bet -- he has to hit the target four times before I do it twice. It was really exciting even though I lost (let me emphasize the fact that I forgot my eye glasses and there was no available bow for lefties -- as in left-handed, not someone leaning on the communist side of the political spectrum). 










B. Visited a "museum."


Well, it wasn't really a museum -- it was more like Geek Heaven. There's this newly opened cafe at the fourth floor of Robinson's Galleria. It was "packed to gills" with toys -- there were sections dedicated to Star Wars characters and ships, to DC Super heroes and villains, to Marvel super heroes and villains, to Twilight Saga characters, to Aliens, to Mars Attacks, to Disney characters... and the list goes on. 





this is my super sweet boyfriend =) sporting a Storm Trooper  head gear.
I was worried that the quality of the food would suffer because the place was heavily-themed. My worries were blown away when I tried the Aligue Pasta -- it was amazing! Adrian also loved the burger he got. It was a perfect combination of juicy and spicy. 





C. Strolled around while HHWWPSSP (Holding Hands While Walking, Pa-Sway-Sway Pa!)


We went around the mall to see what other things we can find and we discovered a suitable alternative to Cafe Breton. I tried this lovely dessert at La Creperie. Adrian ordered something with Apple and Cinnamon as usual. 




Our date was very enjoyable (thanks dear for planning... even though I know you just planned it when I asked you what your plan was... haha). 


And what's more, I got the best gift -- TIME.  Imagine, when you give someone your time, you're giving a portion of  your life that you can never get back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment